Expression of Interest – Queer Theatre and Live Art
Apocalypse is seeking expressions of interest from LGBTQIA+ artists wishing to develop and/or present an artistic live performance work that gives representation and voice to LGBTQIA+ communities or issues. We are looking to substantially support a number of projects over the next two years. This will be our only callout for queer-focussed works taking place in 2018 and 2019.
LGBTQIA+ artists from diverse backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply.
- You identify as a member of the LGBTQIA+ community
- You are Australian
- You are an artist who works in live modes: performance, dance, theatre, live art, and beyond
We will accept:
· Finished theatre scripts – New work (Australian playwrights only)
· Existing productions that are in need of development, a second expanded season or venues and other resourcing
· Works that are experimental in nature or cross live artforms including one-off live art events
· Idea Pitches for theatre scripts or productions (you can pitch an idea for a new work or an idea for the presentation of an existing work that has LGBTQIA+ artists attached and an LGBTQIA+ thematic focus)
· Idea Pitches for live artistic works and performance art.
You do not need a finished work to apply for this opportunity.
How are we supporting?
The type of support will depend on the nature of the application and could include: a fully produced season; venue in kind; script development, production development, a fully paid commission for the writing of a new theatre work.
EOIs close 15th April 2018
Email your Expression of Interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a project overview and attached any relevant support material or examples of past work. Please also outline the type of support you are wanting Apocalypse to provide.
We’re an artist-focussed company and want to get to know you. Feel free to keep the application casual but try to give us a good sense of the project
Will be meeting with successful applicants in April and May 2018.