As we get closer to hitting the rehearsal room, here's a few things you may not know about this extraordinary Australian work.
- Nobody in the play is given a name. The two characters are simply known as 'Him' and 'Her'
- Construction of the Human Heart doesn't have an inch of fat on it - the entire play runs for 65 minutes, no interval
- The play can be performed in any part of the world, in any language or accent, without needing to change any of the references.
- Ross Mueller was inspired to write the piece for two actors he admired. They both performed the play when it first premiered.
- The play is an experiment in form - funny, imaginative, mysterious, natural, surreal...at all times honest, sometimes unorthodox.